Keeping a business consistently clean takes considerable effort. With a steady flow of customers coming and going, understaffed crews, and cramped areas that make it difficult to clean effectively, many companies are often left with dirty facilities. But this doesn’t have to be the case. Hiring a day porter can easily navigate these obstacles and leave their surroundings spotless.
But what are typical day porter duties? And how do they benefit your business?
Day porters are hired through commercial cleaning services. They are skilled and knowledgeable workers, cleaning high-touch areas to prevent the spread of germs and providing general organizational services to make your building as inviting as possible. Day porter duties are designed to handle cleaning tasks during working hours to maintain a continuously presentable environment.
Day porter duties vary considerably depending on the business and their specific needs. That being said, there are many overlapping responsibilities regardless of the industry they’re cleaning for, such as the following:
- Maintain clean and presentable entrances
- Clean and disinfect high-touch surfaces such as handles and light fixtures
- Emptying trash throughout the facility to prevent lingering odors
- Deep cleaning restrooms during the day
- Perform basic maintenance such as replacing lightbulbs
- Restock washrooms and cleaning supplies
- Quickly tackle hazards like broken products, wet floor mats, and spills
- Mop floors using soap and water to keep them clean and shiny
- Clear trash and debris from parking lots
- Dust and vacuum carpets and rugs to pick up dirt buildup
- Wipe down windows and surfaces prone to smudging
Day porter duties consist of more than general janitorial services. They take extra steps to keep your facility clean and create a welcoming and professional environment that people will continue to visit.
Even a moderately well-kept business could benefit from day porter duties. After all, keeping a business spotless is no easy task, but something we should all strive for. However, some glaring issues may indicate your facility especially needs day porter services.
Common reasons for needing the commercial cleaning services of day porters include the following:
Long-term employees are hard to come by, especially within the cleaning industry. The time interviewing, hiring, and training can cut into other duties, and when that staff member doesn’t stick around long, all that time is wasted. There’s no lengthy hiring process when using day porters, and you can guarantee they’re always going to report for duty.
It’s essential that your building stays clean consistently, but this is difficult when your cleaning crew is understaffed or busy. Your facility can begin to look great some days and filthy other days. With that kind of inconsistency, customers are only going to remember the bad days. On the other hand, day porters work throughout the day and focus on getting tasks done to keep things in pristine condition.
Reputation can make or break a business. Customers are bound to notice when your building is in a frequent state of dismay. This can spread like wildfire and cause your public perception to plummet. If you’ve heard others talk negatively about the cleanliness of your company or perhaps read poor reviews online, it might be time to hire a day porter.
Cleaning during the day can be challenging, especially with cramped spaces and lots of foot traffic. The alternative is working during non-working hours, which means spills and dirt could plague your facility throughout the day. Day porter cleaning is designed to work around these obstacles and leave your building as spotless as possible.
Accidents on company property are a serious issue. Whether someone slipped because of an uncleaned spill or tripped over unorganized product clutter, frequent injuries because of messes are obvious signs that a change is in order.
When there are clear signs that your business is suffering from grimy surroundings, it’s time to contact a commercial cleaning service to freshen things up.
Day porter duties result in clear benefits for the establishments they serve. For those still on the fence about whether or not to utilize professional cleaning services, here are some of their most common advantages:
- Reduces Costs: Hiring a day porter is more cost-effective than paying for internal employees and their benefits, plus cleaning throughout the day won’t require an additional night crew. Their services help save money for busy companies.
- Safer Facility: Customers’ and employees’ safety should be at the forefront of a company’s mind. This is easily achievable with day porters keeping spills and harmful bacteria at bay.
- Better Appearance: The cleaner your building looks, the better its overall appearance is going to be, which can encourage customers to continue coming back and improve general perception.
- Professional Staff Is Always Available: With a day porter, you can rest easy knowing there’s always a skilled cleaner ready to tackle any challenges that might spring up.
- Fully Customizable: Day porter duties can be entirely tailored by businesses to meet their specific needs, from the cleaning type to the hours that suit them best.
As a family-owned and operated company since 1986, our goal has always been to provide superb commercial cleaning to Massachusetts businesses and those in the Eastern New England area. Over three decades of experience have helped us build lasting client relationships. With hard work, trust, and high-quality results, we want to do the same for you.
By partnering with Brenner Facility Services, we provide professionally trained, dedicated day porters to assist your facility with general cleaning and basic maintenance needs. Our porters have the knowledge and skills to properly perform any cleaning services your business might need. Not only that, but our workers’ schedules are highly customizable, allowing you to set their hours based on your preferences.
Ready to add a new asset to your team? Contact us today, and we can help set you up for success.