If your commercial office space hasn’t seemed as neat as you’d like, it may be time for an office deep cleaning. Even if your business is tidied each night, if you’re not scheduling regular deep cleanings, you risk compromising the health and safety of your employees.
Take this time to learn:
- How often a commercial office should be cleaned
- What an office deep cleaning includes
- Factors that affect your office’s deep cleaning needs
- How regular deep cleaning can help your business
Bottom line, your commercial office space should be cleaned daily. Regardless of your office size or the number of employees, regular office cleanings are essential for keeping your business operations in order. It’s no secret that a clean office is essential for productivity, health, and morale.
However, we believe every office should undergo deep cleaning at least twice a year—and for some businesses, even more frequently. Depending on your industry, like warehousing or healthcare, your business might be more susceptible to higher dust and pollution levels or need to be cleaned often to maintain optimal health standards.
Lots of business owners underestimate the benefits of intensive deep cleaning and disinfection or assume their daily office cleaning is good enough. But by getting on a consistent deep clean schedule, they’re ensuring a more successful operation in the long run.
A comprehensive office deep clean typically includes tasks like:
- Vacuuming carpets and furniture
- Wiping down hard surfaces such as desks and countertops
- Dusting light fixtures
- Disinfecting hard-to-reach surfaces
- Cleaning windows
- Polishing floors
- Emptying trash cans and recycling bins
- Replacing air filters in HVAC systems
To maximize efficiency and guarantee a deeper clean, business owners should consider having their office professionally cleaned by commercial cleaners who specialize in sanitizing commercial spaces with advanced techniques like electrostatic spraying or fogging treatments. These methods help eliminate bacteria that regular cleaning products cannot reach.
Are you curious about next-level cleaning technology?
As previously mentioned, an office’s cleaning needs can vary depending on multiple factors, like the size of your office, its industry, and the climate. While every office space should be cleaned at least twice a year, you should consider scheduling office deep cleaning more often if the following factors apply to you:
Consider how much foot traffic your office has. Perhaps you have a few employees and visitors in your facility, but maybe you employ many people and have hundreds of visitors daily. Your traffic levels determine the commercial cleaning services you need and how often you need them.
Additionally, regardless of employee and visitor size, your building may have both high and low-traffic areas. For example, your lobby may receive lots of traffic, but some of your employees’ offices or cubicles may not. How does this affect your building’s cleaning needs? High-traffic areas often require weekly deep cleaning services. On the other hand, low-traffic areas usually only need deep cleaning a few times per year.
Different surfaces in your facility have different deep cleaning needs. For example, deep carpet cleaning differs from deep hard floor or restroom cleaning. Carpets and area rugs catch dust, dirt, and bacteria in their fibers, along with carpet stains from liquid spills. These surfaces require deep cleaning methods that remove contaminants from the carpet fibers.
Alternatively, hard floors require cleaning methods like stripping and waxing to remove excess grime and wax. They also need buffing and polishing to keep their surfaces shiny and clean. Deep restroom cleaning focuses more on sanitation and using safe, environmentally friendly products to keep everything healthy for building occupants.
Office deep cleaning offers many benefits. These services contribute to the safety of your workers and patrons and make your facility appear more polished, giving visitors a great first impression of your business. A cleaner building also boosts your employees’ productivity, so everyone gets more work done and operates more efficiently. Overall, deep cleaning services keep your office pristine, healthy, and safe.
Cleaning an office space is much different than cleaning your home. Commercial carpets, hard floors, and restrooms have more demanding needs than their residential counterparts. Additionally, as a business owner, trying to keep up with the intricate details of an office cleaning checklist can be time consuming when you have core business functions to perform.
Thankfully, a commercial cleaning partner can help you determine which areas of your building get which types of traffic and the frequency of deep cleaning they need. Every surface type has unique cleaning requirements, and your commercial cleaner should be able to handle each one effectively.
At Brenner Facility Services, we offer comprehensive deep cleaning services for your business. We have high cleaning standards for office buildings and continually work to meet those standards. Our office deep cleaning services cover the following areas:
- Hard Floor – We strip and wax hard floors, then buff and polish them for a flawless appearance. We also clean and polish commercial tile floors to remove grime while maintaining their natural appearance.
- Carpet – We clean wall-to-wall carpeting and area rugs to remove stains and allergens like dirt and dust. We also steam and vacuum your furniture’s upholstery to keep it as clean as possible.
- Restroom – Brenner provides green cleaning and disinfecting solutions that remove bacteria and pathogens from your restrooms while keeping your building’s occupants safe.
- High Dusting – High dusting is a service that cleans ceilings, vents, ducts, and shelves in spaces over 16 feet tall. This keeps commercial areas like warehouses free of dust, dirt, and bacteria.
- Disinfection – We provide manual disinfection and electrostatic spraying services. These services remove bacteria and viruses from every surface in your facility.
Additionally, we provide a wide range of commercial cleaning services, like our janitorial and day porter services. These services maintain your office regularly so you don’t have to rely solely on deep cleaning to keep your building tidy and safe. We have what you need to keep your facility spotless.